BOWMANSTOWN BOROUGH COUNCIL – Times News Online
Posted on 05 June 2021 at 07:37
Bowmanstown Borough Council took the following action this week:
• Announced that a public hearing for the transfer of the Eating Place liquor license which is currently issued to Pizza Como USA Uno Inc. to the Carbon Plaza Mall in Mahoning Township, to 3 Brothers Pizza, 709 Lincoln Ave., Bowmanstown , will be held at 6:30 p.m. on July 6 before the regular borough council meeting.
• On a 6-1 vote, with Darren Thomas opposed, agreed to continue with Carbon County COG membership until the end of the year and to revisit the issue in December.
• On a 6-1 vote, with opposition from Kara Scott, agreed to spend $ 2,000 to borrow a street sweeper from Stanley Sweeper.
• Approval of a proposal for the 2 year emergency generator agreement with Penn Power at a cost of up to $ 1,468 per year.
• Announced that eight ADA ramps will be designed as part of the block grant funds for community development starting in fiscal 2019. The money has already been allocated to the borough. Locations include two ramps at the intersection of Lime Street / Ore Street; two at the intersection of Ore Street and Stony Hill; two at the intersection of Mill Street / Apple Street; and two at the intersection of Forge Street / Apple Street.
• Announcement of the continued development of construction plans for the Craig Street project. The preparation of tender documents and special provisions has started.
• Agreed to stage materials (pipes, inlet boxes, sanitary facilities) during the Craig Street project by the water tower on Oak Street, and approved a Hold Harmless deal at the request of the Water Board , pending attorney’s approval.